Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Interview with Gracie and her best friend Cameron


Today we have a sneak peek at two of the main characters in For the Love of Gracie:

Interviewer:  So, tell us a little about yourselves.

Gracie:  I'll go first, I guess. I'm Gracie Walker.  I'm in college and working part time for a bookstore café.  I have two roommates, Angel and Mary Jane.  We live in Nashville, TN.

Cameron:  < fakes a snore >   Boring! Gracie, first you know I like to be the center of attention.  I guess, since this is about you, I'll allow it this time.  I'm Cameron McIntosh and I am the best thing that ever happened to Gracie Walker. From the young age of five I glided into her life and made it the fabulousness that it is today.  I take credit for the beautiful girl in front of us.

Gracie: < laughs then rolls her eyes >  Excuse Cameron, he's a bit dramatic.  Everything he said is true though. He is the best thing that ever happened to me.

Cameron:  Aww, so sweet! So more about me now? I have my own apartment, though I spend most of my time at Gracie's.  The girls and I have been inseparable since high school.  They've had my back more than once.  They wouldn’t have made it without my fashion sense or awesomeness either, of course.

Interviewer: The title is For the Love of Gracie, what is your story about Gracie?

Gracie: < twiddles her thumbs nervously > It's about making assumptions. It's about ignoring what's right in front of you.  It's about stereotypes.  It's about wrong choices.  It's also about friendship, love, loyalty, forgiveness, and second chances.

Cameron: < clears throat loudly >

Gracie:  Oh and of course a lot of it is about Cameron

Cameron: < feigns shock > Seriously? Moi?  Please, Gracie I don't like a lot of fuss.

Gracie: < laughs uncontrollably >  Right!

Interviewer:  Tell us a little about some of your other friends, Hudson James and Ashton Collins?

Cameron: Ugh, let's skip over Hudson James. That guy is as far from fab as they come

Gracie:  Give him a break, Cam.  Hudson isn't a bad guy.  He gets stressed at times, that's all.  He isn't great around crowds so he has given my friends the wrong impression.  Hudson and I spend a lot of time together…

Cameron: Yeah, horizontally! < Cameron interjects >

Gracie: < Nudges Cameron with elbow >  We'll stay off the Hudson subject for now.  Ashton is a good friend of mine.  We have a lot of fun together.  We like to laugh, hang out, he's like a protective big brother I guess.

Cameron: < Laughs >  Big brother? Right!  You're totally hot for him!

Gracie:  < desperate for a subject change > Do you have any more questions for us? 

Interviewer:  Just one. What would you say is the best thing about your story?

Gracie: That's easy, the friendships.  I'm truly lucky to have the amazing friends that I do.  Especially this guy.  < leans over and kisses Cameron >  Cameron and I joke around a lot, but he is my rock.

Cameron:  < sniffs >  In all sincerity, I love this girl. Without her, I wouldn’t be who I am today. I wouldn’t have been able to be myself.  When I 'came out' Gracie never acted any different with me.  In fact, she's been my biggest supporter and even my wing man at times.  Enough of the smush talk, let's talk about the man meat that is Ashton again!

Gracie: < laughs > and that is our cue to leave.   

No comments:

Post a Comment